Monday, December 15, 2008

Summer Rolls & Plum Sauce - 329 calorie Bento


I love summer rolls. I love making them - I love eating them. This time I made them vegetarian. I also usually make my own plum sauce. Whenever plums are in season I make a batch and it keeps well in the fridge (using an airtight jar to store it).


Bento Content:
  • Summer rolls (Rice Wrappers/Carrot/Bean Sprouts/Lettuce/Spearmint) (124)
  • Home made Plum suace (38)
  • Grapes (18)
  • Plum (30)
  • Babybel Light (50)
  • Cherries (9)
  • Ginger Chews from Trader Joe's (60)

Total Bento = 329 calories

-------------------------------


HOMEMADE PLUM SAUCE (yields approx 40 Tablespoons)


15 pitted very ripe black plums

1/3 cup granulated sugar

1 fl oz Lemon Juice

1/2 tsp Ground ginger (powder)

1 tsp Garlic powder

3 Tbsp Soy sauce - lite

2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar

Puree raw plums in blender - I used the Magic Bullet. In a sauce pan, combine all ingredients and cook down until you reach a soft jam consistency. The color on this is incredible!

No comments: