Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pesto Cheese Tortellini & Roasted Cauliflower - 253 calorie Bento


Good news - I finally made my pesto. Bad news - I went overboard with the garlic. I love garlic - anyway I can have it - but it is not a very social thing to do. Maybe not the best of dining options when you plan to be around people. Oh, well!


Bento Content:
  • Cheese Tortellini in Pesto Sauce (221)
  • Roasted Cauliflower (20)
  • Grape Tomatoes (12)

Total Bento : 253 calories


------------------------------------------------------------


Roasted Cauliflower (yields 2 large servings)

  • 1 cauliflower head
  • 1/2 tsp turmeric
  • 1 individual salt packet
  • 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • Olive Oil spray

Combine all dry ingredients. Separate cauliflower into florets and wash well. Spray an oven-safe pan with olive oil spray, lay florets on top and sprinkle with seasonings. Roast in a 400 degree fahrenheit oven until florets become golden.

No comments: