Monday, April 20, 2009

Broiled Feta Cheese & Veggies Three Ways - 222 calorie Bento


I love feta cheese - the down side is the sodium. But, once in a while, I indulge.


This time I made Broiled Light Feta Cheese with Oregano and Lemon Juice. I found a light version - that tastes like the real thing - at Trader Joe's. I plopped the cheese in a broiler-safe pan, cut a few campari tomatoes around it, doused with lemon juice and sprinkled with oregano. Then I broiled until the top looked toasty. That's it!


Then the veggies where three different ways: Steamed (the carrots and Chayote - hubbie loves this combo), Broiled (the Campari Tomatoes and the Beets) and Baked (the Batata Fries).


Bento Content:
  • Broiled Feta Cheese with Oregano and Lime Juice (80)
  • Baked Batata Fries (100)
  • Broiled Campari Tomatoes (6)
  • Broiled Beets (18)
  • Steamed Carrots and Chayote (18)

Total Bento : 222 calories

No comments: