Monday, April 13, 2009

Olive Stuffed Meatballs & Batata - 206 calorie Bento


I put a spin on meatballs - I stuffed each with a black olive. I didn't tell hubbie and when he cut into one, he smiled - he loves black olives! To make this a little less fattening, I used a simple tomato sauce. I also made the meatballs with a teensy bit of matzah meal and instead of whole eggs, I used a little bit of egg whites. That cut down on quite a bit of calories.


The sides were roasted (except for the grape tomatoes). The distorted little squares are Batatas. Some call them Yams, some Boniato. A batata is in the sweet potato family - it sort of looks like a sweet potato, but when you cut into them they are white. They are also have more consistency to them when cooked - a little bit more starchier. I love them and try to cook them as much as I can find them.


Bento Content:
  • Beef Meatballs stuffed with Black Olives (110)
  • Grape Tomatoes (21)
  • Roasted Asparagus (8)
  • Roasted Batata (67)

Total Bento : 206 calories

No comments: